- Builders has launched a new online tool called Product Finder.
- It allows customers to talk to a team of experts to source specific products.
- The products don’t even have to be stocked by Builders, and could even include something seen overseas.
Local DIY specialists, Builders, has launched a new online tool for customers called Product Finder.
As the name suggests, Product Finder is designed to help customers source or locate tools, paint colours, gadgets, lighting, outdoor furniture, and any other number of products that they simply cannot find elsewhere.
“This new solution utilises a dedicated team of Builders Sales Specialists to locate and source niche décor and outdoor products, a tool, storage solutions, or fittings, whether customers saw the item online, spotted it in a magazine, or encountered it outside the country. Best of all, the platform can even find items the retailer doesn’t stock,” explained Builders in a press release sent to Hypertext.
The rollout of this new online tool is based on the more recent behaviour of its customers, the company adds.
“In the last two years we have seen a surge in South Africans spending more time at home online to search for solutions to fix or improve their homes. Builders has always had the ‘we will find it for you’ philosophy although there was not a dedicated way to ensure that we do deliver on these requests or any way to track requests and follow up on the leads. The Product Finder Tool means that we can now deliver on this in a seamless and efficient manner,” notes Nicole le Roux, senior manager for Digital Sales.
Builders says is also aims to make the entire process as transparent as possible for customers. Here they will receive a tracing number that they can use to track their product progress from the beginning to finalising their request.
To access the platform, customers will need to:
- “Navigate to the Product Finder tool on the Builders website,
- Leave their contact details so they can describe the product they’re looking for over the phone or manually input the product details or upload a picture online,
- Confirm the order description they’ll receive from the Sales Specialist,
- Accept or reject the quote, which includes a picture of the sourced item,
- Check out and proceed to payment if they’re happy with their product.”
Lastly, Builders says the new tool will also help the retailer determine which products to include in its in-store range, based on search trends from customers, which it will continuously monitor via its platform.