- Bitcoin Events offers free live streaming tickets for the Blockchain Africa Conference 2023.
- Attendees can also shave 35 percent off the price of an in-person ticket with the applicable discount code.
- Blockchain Africa Conference 2023 takes place at The Galleria from 16th to 17th March.
Three weeks from now the nineth annual Blockchain Africa Conference kicks off at The Galleria in Sandton. This morning, organiser Bitcoin Events announced a pair of promotions for those who haven’t registered just yet.
The first of those promotions – as our headline alludes to – is that you can get free Live Streaming tickets over on the conference’s official website. Ordinarily these tickets would cost you R100 but head to the website today and you can get access to the event online. You will need to use the code BAC23-100%LVS-Odash at checkout to claim your free ticket.
The more tempting promotion however is for in-person tickets which retail for R2 500. With the applicable discount code (BAC23-35%STD-Odash) you can shave R875 off of the cost of an in-person Standard Ticket. There is currently no discount for the VIP tier of tickets.
That having been said, Bitcoin Events is running a competition to win two free tickets to the Opening Night VIP Dinner on 15th March. To enter that simply answer why you want to attend the Blockchain Africa Conference 2023 on Twitter. Be sure to tag @BlockchainZA and use the hashtag #BAC2023.
“Africa is one of the fastest-growing crypto markets in the world, thanks to its young, growing and tech-savvy population, need for alternative financial solutions, and promising regulatory environment,” Bitcoin Events wrote in a newsletter sent to Hypertext.
“But if Africa hopes to enter the bull-run for the long-run, it will need to pay close attention to the lessons learnt in other markets – specifically, cases such as the recent contestation between the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and Ripple, after the latter allegedly (and illegally) sold XRP to investors without first registering it as a security. Ripple maintained that the token should not be considered an investment contract and is used in its business to facilitate cross-border transactions between banks and other financial institutions. Whatever the outcome, Africa’s crypto market would do well to keep a close eye on this one, and the others like it that are yet to come. For those looking to get a head start, be sure to register for the Blockchain Africa Conference 2023, where we will be unpacking issues such as the US SEC-Ripple debate and many more,” the organisers added.
While we’ve covered a number of speakers already, Bitcoin Events has confirmed more speakers including:
- Maria Eisner Pelch – Senior Manager, ESG and Sustainability Lead – Concordium
- Akeem Lawal – Divisional Chief Executive Officer – Interswitch Group
- Gabriel Swanepoel – Country Manager for Southern Africa – Mastercard
- Andrew Whitworth – Policy Director for EMEA – Ripple
- Seamus Rocca – Chief Executive Officer – Xapo Private Bank
- Briana Marbury – Executive Director – Interledger Foundation
With a number of exhibitors, a host of speakers and a networking and cocktail event planned for 17th March, Blockchain Africa Conference 2023 is looking to be rather exciting.
Blockchain Africa Conference 2023 takes place from 16th to 17th March so be sure to secure your tickets sooner rather than later.