- Massmart has announced that it is providing funding and financing options to South Africans wanting to invest in solar power.
- The offering is made possible thanks to a partnership with Retail Credit Solutions (RCS).
- Massmart will offer customers loans of up to R250 000 to secure a solar power solution.
Following last month’s budget speech from Finance Minister Enoch Godongwana, solar power is on the mind of every South African. While government is offering an incentive to those who invest in a solar power solution for their home, setting up such a system still remains exorbitantly expensive.
Aiming to offer some assistance in that regard is Massmart, which has announced that it is now able to provide financing and funding solutions.
To that end Massmart has partnered with Retail Credit Solutions (RCS) to make loans of up to R250 000 available. After an application process is completed, the companies say funds can be released to customers within 24 hours. Added to this is the ability to adjust the repayment period, as it ranges from 12 to 60 months.
“We, in partnership with RCS, place very high emphasis on developing funding solutions to meet the needs of our customers and we have noted a significant increase in the number of people who want to fund solar energy projects for their homes,” added Varsha Dayaram, SVP for Financial Services at Massmart, regarding the announcement.
The new offering is made available through local Makro, Builders, and Game stores. Details on how to apply via there retailers can be found here:
- Makro – https://www.makro.co.za/makro-card/makro-cashloans,
- Builders – https://www.builders.co.za/builders-cash-loans,
- Game – https://www.game.co.za/cp/money-centre/credit.