- Local distributor DCC has made Lenovo’s Legion 5i gaming notebooks available to the South African channel.
- This is notable as DCC has extended its range of locally available Lenovo products.
- Both the 15″ and 16″ devices are available, along with three-year Premium Care.
In recent years we have seen Lenovo and local distributor Drive Control Corporation (DCC) enhance their partnership when it comes to making the Chinese company’s hardware available in South Africa.
The latest device being made available is of the gaming variety, with the Legion 5i in both its 15″ regular and 16″ Pro variants accessible via the distributor.
While we have seen many of Lenovo’s business and enterprise products announced for the channel in the past, this is rather notable given that the Legion lineup is very much aimed at a gaming audience. As such, the relationship between Legion and DCC appears to be covering more devices.
As for the Legion gaming notebooks, DCC is making both size options available locally in Storm Grey.
Speaking of the displays, the Legion 5i Pro features a WQHD+ (2560×1600) display with a 165Hz variable refresh rate and 16:10 aspect ratio. The Legion 5i features a 15.6″ WQHD (2560×1440) resolution screen at a 165Hz refresh rate.
“Lenovo is harnessing the pure power of PC gaming with its Legion 5i and 5i Pro laptops, unlocking with AI-tuned performance that lets gamers crush the competition,” adds Brandon Waison, Lenovo consumer product specialist at DCC, in a press release sent to Hypertext.
Other notable elements of the lineup include:
- “Expanded bandwidth – the Legion 5i Pro features 4800Mhz DDR5 memory and up to 1TB PCle SSD (Gen4) of storage.
- Less lag – gamers will benefit Wi-Fi 6E antenna placement and a 60Whr and 80Whr (Legion 5i and 5i Pro) battery capacity with Super Rapid Charge to go from zero to 80 percent battery life in just 30 minutes of charging.
- Improved portability – the Legion 5i features a metal chassis’ that is both thinner and lighter than the previous generations.
- Backlighting – both laptops ship with a 4-Zone RGB backlit keyboard in Storm Grey.”
Last worth mentioning is that both notebooks ship with a three-year Premium Care, onsite warranty.