While the recent spate of uninterrupted power has been wonderful, there is no telling how long this streak with zero loadshedding will last. However, while the temptation may be to dive into an investment in solar power, it’s very easy for folks to fall victim to all manner of scams, chancers and fly-by-night operations.
To learn more about solar power and ask some pressing questions we invited Matthew Hall, product director at Rectron to discuss a 1MW battery power solution the company installed. We also brought in Damian Burger, an independent solar power system installer who was happy to give us the inside track on what folks should look out for when shopping for a solution for their homes.
Whether you’re in the process of installing solar power or simply fed up with the constant power cuts, this is a fantastic conversation and we highly recommend you give it a listen.
For those looking for a trusted solar power system installer, contact Damian Burger via email on dct.saco[at]gmail[dot]com. You can also find Rectron’s backup power solutions here.
MENTIONED IN THIS AFRICAST:
- What you need to know about the new solar panel incentive introduced by government
- South Africa’s first 1MWh solar battery
- Discovery Bank launches 48-hour solar installation guarantee
- The best suburbs for solar in Gauteng, KZN and Western Cape
- Solar PV generation increased by a record 270 TWh (up 26%) in 2022 – IEA