In this second episode of Mass Debate, our own Brendyn Lotz and Luis Monzon are discussing the best fit in terms of a loadshedding solution for South African homeowners, debating specifically about whether a generator or inverter is ideal in this current day.
Over the past decade, generators have been the go-to loadshedding solutions for many South Africans, but as we have seen over the past couple of years, inverters have become far more attractive.
So does the old guard need to make way for the young Turk, or is the tried, tested, and noisy solution of a diesel-powered generator still the better of the two from a long-term perspective?
Our journalists discuss the pros and cons of both, as well as which is the better of the options in the podcast file found at the end of this post.
We’ve also included a link to the first episode of our new series, Mass Debate, above, where we discussed the merits of public versus private university for those wanting to pursue tertiary education.
As for the most recent Mass Debate, you can listen to it by clicking on the Spotify media player below.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Eskom sending homeowners texts not to use their inverters
- Huawei debuts Power-S business inverters, drops prices on Power-M
- Prices for household generators in South Africa
- Fuel prices via the AA
- Gizzu Hero Pro Portable Power Station review – The New Standard
- EcoFlow River 2 Max review: Stage 4 Wizard
- Romoss Thunder Power Station Review: What loadshedding?