- Africans will be able to catch all the games of the CAF FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers on the FIFA+ streaming platform, for free.
- However, certain regions like South Africa are excluded possibly due to streaming rights issues with MultiChoice or SuperSport, which can be circumvented with a VPN.
- The 2026 FIFA World Cup will take place in three countries across North America.
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) is set to begin hosting qualifying matches for the FIFA World Cup 2026, with the first game kicking off yesterday 15th November 2023 and the second hitting the pitch on 21st November 2023.
Nine African teams are guaranteed to compete at the next FIFA World Up taking place in three countries across North America – the US, Canada and Mexico. Another team will take part in the FIFA Play-Off Tournament, which will feature 48 teams for the first time ever.
FIFA has announced that fans will be able to catch all World Cup qualifying matches for Africa on the FIFA+ streaming service from 15th November, and an overview of the platform shows that match livestreams are seemingly free of charge.
“You will be able to watch all Matchday 1 African qualifiers on FIFA+ with English commentary from anywhere in the world,” reads the announcement from FIFA. Importantly, certain regions will be restricted from streaming the matches, including certain countries in the Middle East and North Africa, sub-Saharan Africa, as well as India and Portugal.
Unfortunately, this includes South Africa, but fans in sub-Saharan countries like Benin, Burundi, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Malawi, Sao Tome e Principe, Seychelles, Uganda and Zimbabwe will still be able to live stream the qualifying matches on FIFA+
It is possible that South Africa is not included because SuperSport or MultiChoice own the streaming rights to the matches, in a similar situation to what took place with the recent Rugby World Cup. These restrictions can be bypassed by using a VPN. Simply set your IP region to any of the above countries.
Fortunately, highlights of all the matches will also be available on FIFA+ worldwide.
Here is the CAF qualifiers schedule for livestreams on FIFA+ (all kickoff times are local):
- Equatorial Guinea v Namibia (Group H) | 1400 | Malabo, Equatorial Guinea,
- Rwanda v Zimbabwe (Group C) | 1500 | Butare, Rwanda,
- Congo DR v Mauritania (Group C) | 1500 | Kinshasa, Congo DR,
- Ethiopia v Sierra Leone (Group A) | 2000 | El Jadida, Morocco.
- Botswana v Mozambique (Group G) | 1500 | Francistown, Botswana,
- Burundi v The Gambia (Group F) | 1600 | Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania,
- Gabon v Kenya (Group F) | 1700 | Franceville, Gabon,
- Nigeria v Lesotho (Group C) | 1700 | Uyo, Nigeria,
- Algeria v Somalia (Group G) | 1700 | Baraki, Algeria,
- Cape Verde v Angola (Group D) | 1800 | Praia, Cape Verde,
- Egypt v Djibouti (Group A) | 1800 | Cairo, Egypt,
- Sudan v Togo (Group B) | 1800 | Benina, Libya.
- Guinea v Uganda (Group G) | 1400 | Berkane, Morocco,
- Eswatini v Libya (Group D) | 1500 | Nelspruit, South Africa,
- Liberia v Malawi (Group H) | 1600 | Paynesville, Liberia,
- Ghana v Madagascar (Group I) | 1600 | Kumasi, Ghana,
- Comoros v Central African Republic (Group I) | 1600 | Moroni, Comoros,
- Zambia v Congo (Group E) | 1800 | Ndola, Zambia,
- Côte d’Ivoire v Seychelles (Group F) | 1900 | Ebimpe, Côte d’Ivoire,
- Mali v Chad (Group I) | 1900 | Bamako, Mali,
- Tunisia v Sao Tome e Principe (Group H) | 2000 | Rades, Tunisia,
- Cameroon v Mauritius (Group D) | 2000 | Douala, Cameroon,
- Burkina Faso v Guinea Bissau (Group A) | 2000 | Marrakesh, Morocco.
- South Africa v Benin (Group C) | 1500 | Durban, South Africa,
- Niger v Tanzania (Group E) | 1700 | Marrakesh, Morocco,
- Senegal v South Sudan (Group B) | 1900 | Diamniadio, Senegal.
- Zimbabwe v Nigeria (Group C) | 1500 | Butare, Rwanda,
- Mozambique v Algeria (Group G) | 1500 | Maputo, Mozambique,
- Burundi v Gabon (Group F) | 1600 | Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania,
- Sierra Leone v Egypt (Group A) | 1600 | Paynesville, Liberia,
- Sudan v Congo DR (Group B) | 1800 | Benina, Libya.
- Djibouti v Guinea Bissau (Group A) | 1500 | Cairo, Egypt,
- Liberia v Equatorial Guinea (Group H) | 1600 | Paynesville, Liberia,
- Seychelles v Kenya (Group F) | 1900 | Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire,
- The Gambia v Côte d’Ivoire (Group F) | 1900 | Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania,
- Mali v Central African Republic (Group I) | 1900 | Bamako, Mali,
- Chad v Madagascar (Group I) | 2000 | Oujda, Morocco.
- Somalia v Uganda (Group G) | 1400 | Berkane, Morocco,
- Botswana v Guinea (Group G) | 1500 | Francistown, Botswana,
- Malawi v Tunisia (Group H) | 1500 | Lilongwe, Malawi,
- Eswatini v Cape Verde (Group D) | 1500 | Nelspruit, South Africa,
- Rwanda v South Africa (Group C) | 1500 | Butare, Rwanda,
- Lesotho v Benin (Group C) | 1500 | Durban, South Africa,
- South Sudan v Mauritania (Group B) | 1600 | Diamniadio, Senegal,
- Togo v Senegal (Group B) | 1600 | Lome, Togo,
- Sao Tome e Principe v Namibia (Group H) | 1700 | Agadir, Morocco,
- Libya v Cameroon (Group D) | 1800 | Benina, Libya,
- Comoros v Ghana (Group I) | 1900 | Moroni, Comoros,
- Niger v Zambia (Group E) | 2000 | Marrakesh, Morocco,
- Mauritius v Angola (Group D) | 2000 | Saint Pierre, Mauritius,
- Ethiopia v Burkina Faso (Group A) | 2000 | El Jadida, Morocco,
- Tanzania v Morocco (Group E) | 2200 | Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
- 15-21 November, 2023: 1st and 2nd matchdays,
- 3-11 June, 2024: 3rd and 4th matchdays,
- 17-25 March, 2025: 5th and 6th matchdays,
- 1-9 September, 2025: 7th and 8th matchdays,
- 6-14 October, 2025: 9th and 10th matchdays,
- 10-18 November, 2025: CAF play-off tournament.
Catch all the World Cup qualifier games on FIFA+, here.
[Image – Provided]