Astoundingly, it’s been three months since we starting writing things here at htxt.africa, and the site has (thankfully) proved more popular than we were expecting or dared hope for. But it’s not enough, oh no. We want your feedback (again) so we can carry on making it better and getting our editorial values right.
We think we’ve achieved a lot. In three months our stories have been picked up by most of the key international sites, including The Next Web, Slashdot, Extremetech and Reddit. Some of the highlights for us have been:
- Being the only South African site to report on the local man who reinvented the 3D printer.
- Breaking hard news about security flaws in local government services.
- Getting a video interview with Free Software Foundation president Richard Stallman.
- Scooping games news and getting the right advice out to buyers.
- Providing new insights into the South African start-up scene.
- Tons of top reviews of the best hardware.
- Having a lot of fun.
So where next? We want you to help us with that. And to encourage you to do so, we’ve teamed up with BlackBerry to offer a brand new BlackBerry Q5 handset to give away. Running the latest version of the BlackBerry operating system, BB10, the Q5 is one of the most modern and sophisticated smartphones out there that comes with a physical keyboard for email and messaging.
It’s the phone that gets you talking, and that’s what we want you to do in order to win it.
Just post your comment below, or if you prefer you can send us a Tweet @htxtafrica instead. Winners will be announced this time next week.
And while you’re here, there’s still time to enter our other competition we’re running at the moment and get your hands on a collectors’ copy of The Last of Us.