The South African developers of the indie game BroForce have just released a new “Death from Above” update for the game to coincide with the US’s 4th of July holiday weekend. Perfect timing for a game punting caricatured US patriotism with characters based on over-the-top action flicks.
The update doesn’t just fix a bunch of things, it adds the option to rain death down on enemies from elevated positions using directional fire, hence “Death from above”.
It also adds two new bros: the grenade-chucking Colonel James Broddock and Cherry Broling, a female bro that has a machine gun for a leg. Geek points for knowing which action flicks they’re from. That makes two female bros in the bro line-up, the other being Ellen Ripbro, a bro based on none other than the xenomorph-slaying badass from the Alien movies, Ellen Ripley.
Here’s a list of some of the other, smaller changes made:
- Made GR-13 jump back correctly
- Fixed Boondock Bros avatar showing incorrectly for a second
- F12 now toggles HUD (rather than just hides it)
- Fixed Windows in City (and elsewhere) breaking after a radio tower start.
- More Agressive/Less Forgetful Mookopter
- Fixed Bombardment Flashes getting stuck during Time Bro Motion
- Improved Camera Trigger Actions
- Fix Dual Shock 3 controllers crashing on Macs (thanks Unity!)
- MANY fixes related to Macs and startup
- Fixed lack of propane momentum when stepping off propane tanks
- Improved Z ordering of background foliage
- A lot of work on the announcer voice
- Made muzzle flashes stick to guns
- 5% faster mook reaction times
- Scriptable enemies in Level Editor (WORK IN PROGRESS!)
- Ellen Ripbro’s plasma damages terrain more
- Broniversal Soldier has a higher rate of fire for his primary weapon
- Villagers 2.0
- Bros can stand on mook parachutes.
- Placing unused terrain pieces in your levels will no longer break the levels
- Fixed outlines on some parallax pieces
Today marks the last day you can snap the Early Access game up for a 33% discount ($9.99) from Steam. Grab it before the offer expires at 7pm South African time.