Today is a rather special day here at htxt.africa, as we are proud to announce our brand-new daily podcast, called htxt.africast. In this inaugural episode, which you can listen to right here, Brett Haggard is joined by Adam Oxford and Charlie Fripp as they wrap up the day’s news articles.
And that is exactly the idea behind htxt.africast – a concise podcast that covers the important, weird, wonderful or just entertaining tech news stories everyday. That’s right… a new podcast will be made available everyday during the week, so you can get your daily fill right here.
In the first episode, the gang discussed:
- The relaunch of Vodacom’s M-Pesa offering in South Africa;
- The internet.org app that brings free online services to Zambia;
- A new USB exploit that can reprogram your keyboard, mouse or webcam’s firmware for malicious purposes
- The (defunct) One Laptop Per Child project dropped its first shipment in South Africa; and
- And free learners licence lessons for Gauteng grade 11s as of 2015.