The Humble Bundle just saved me a bundle of cash with its latest offer: that of NINE Star Wars games for $12, which as of today is just over R136.
And they’re not the crappy ones, either. Well, for the most part anyway. Here’s the list:
- Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy <- Third-person Jedi simulator with cool lightsabre battles
- Knights of the Old Republic I & II <- These RPGs are easily worth $12 EACH they’re so good
- The Force Unleashed I & II <- Short, but very sweet action games featuring a LOT of Force-powered action
- Dark Forces – The very first Star Wars game I remember not sucking on PC back in the day
- Battlefront II <- Star Wars meets Battlefield
- Republic Commando <- An absolute gem of a tactical shooter
- Empire At War Gold <- An admirable, but ultimately flawed attempt at a Star Wars RTS
You don’t even have to take the whole pack, either. You’ll get Jedi Academy, the first KOTOR and Dark Forces for a minimum donation of $1 (R11.40 or so), but should you pay more than the current average of $11.26, you get Battlefront II, KOTOR II and Republic Commando.
I highly recommend chucking in the full $12 needed to get all of the above plus Empire at War and the two Force Unleashed games.
That’s not a small amount of gaming enjoyment for the cash, and right now you’re not going to find better value for your gaming buck. Perhaps best of all, these games will run beautifully on even low-end PCs bought in the last five years.
As a further bonus, the Humble Bundle page promises that more games will be added to the roster soon.
If you haven’t yet played these, don’t hesitate before pulling the trigger on this deal, which expires in two weeks.
[Source – HumbleBundle.com]