Have a flair for brilliant writing and an interest in science? You might just be what CERN is looking for.
The European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN) is offering a great opportunity for an international English science writer to join its fellowship program this year.
The successful applicant will be based in CERN’s communications group content section, where they will work alongside other writers, photographers, multimedia producers and videographers to produce content for the organisation’s core audience.
Day-to-day activities include interviews, fact checking, researching, writing, editing and sub-editing content and managing content online.
To qualify, you must fit the following criteria:
- An excellent command of English (knowledge of French a plus)
- An ability to understand complex scientific concepts and articulate these in a variety of engaging ways as appropriate to target audience
- Excellent analytical skills, an eye for detail
- Ability to respond positively to critical feedback
- Background in physics a plus
“Content you produce will be used across a variety of channels including scientific journals, reports, websites, social media and within multimedia content,” says CERN.
Applications must be submitted on the CERN jobs portal, the deadline for applications is 2nd March.
[Source – CERN, Image – Shutterstock]