Want to learn to how to nail startup pitching dens or polish up on your current presentation skills? Good, because the annual the Pitch&Polish workshop and competition is about to kick off and it’s a decent way to get exposure and mentorship thanks to partnerships with organisations like Raizcorp (a business incubator) and SAfm.
Pitch&Polish is a glitzy affair that’s best described as an X-Factor event for entrepreneurs. Workshops are held in TV-studio type set-ups in cities around South Africa where entrepreneurs get training and tips on how to pitch their startups.
All participants then get a chance to enter a competition at the workshop where they can show off what they learned to attendees who decide whether or not their business would be worthy of potential investment.
Three finalists from each city will move on to the next round and compete to take part in the competition finals.
The dates for the 2015 Pitch&Polish workshops are:
- Port Elizabeth- Date: Saturday 15th August 2015. Location: Feather Market Centre, corner Baakens and Military Road
- Middelburg – Date: Saturday 29th August 2015. Location: Middelburg High School, 1 OR Tambo Street
- Klerksdorp – Date: Saturday 5th September 2015. Location: To be confirmed
- Cape Town – Date: Saturday 12th September 2015. Location: Woodstock Town Hall, corner Plein and Aberdeen Street, Woodstock
- Bloemfontein – Date: Saturday 3rd October 2015. Location: President Hotel, 1 Union Avenue, Naval Hill
- East London – Date: Saturday 10th October 2015. Location: The Venue at Hemingways, corner Western Avenue and Two Rivers Drive
- Rustenburg – Date: Saturday 17th October 2015. Location: Civic Centre, Kloof Road
You can register to attend or compete in a workshop by SMSing PITCH to 45901 (SMSes charged at R1.50) or register on the Pitch&Polish website.