We know that you enjoy reading htxt.africa on a regular basis, but did you know that as well as South Africa’s third largest technology news website, we also produce a range of printed magazines and books? And that we’re currently recruiting a mid to senior level designer to work on them?
No? Then read on…
We are looking for a dynamic graphic designer to join our team. The main requirement is that you’ve got a track record producing a magazine and are familiar with all the deadlines and production processes that entails. But we don’t like to pigeonhole people here at htxt.africa – in a small business like this there’s plenty of opportunities to expand your skills and get involved with other areas of design from web graphics to video to designing corporate CIs for our contract publishing arm if you so desire.
Here’s the job spec, salary is commensurate with experience and applications are via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– A relevant qualification in design or two years experience at an established publisher
– DTP and Layout skills
– Retouching and image manipulation skills
– Repro skills and the ability to produce print press ready artwork
– Adobe CS 6 or higher with strong skills in Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, and able to work unsupervised
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good problem-resolution skills
- Good written communications
- A positive attitude
- Creative flair and originality
- Understanding of copyright and alternatives for image use.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Understanding of data visualisations.
- Experience of creating UI and art for digital apps.
- Illustration and drawing skills
- Deep etching
- Processing and colour correcting of images in PhotoShop
- Layout of magazine articles
- Using magazine templates, adhering to and maintaining style and framework
- Exporting files for print (PDF)
- Liaising with clients for print advert design and placement
- Designing marketing material and brochures
- Creating banner and article images for the websites
- Designing web advertising banner for clients
[Image – CC Kate Ter Haar]