Code4SA is hosting a data journalism school that aims to train up “junior-to-mid-level journalists” in data handling and multimedia.
Training will consist of data and social media journalism, as well as experimenting with multimedia. If you attend, you’ll also get to be a part of Code4SA’s ongoing projects.
The school is being run by a mix of journalists, programmers, analysts and content creators. Also expect guest lecturers from newsrooms both in this country and abroad.
If you’re a journalist and want to bulk up your portfolio, act fast as each intake of the school is only available for eight students.
- Course dates: February – April 2016
- Course length: Three months
- Total cost: R18 000
- Financial aid: Bursaries and monthly stipends available based on merit
- More information: Code4SA site
- Email directly at: “dataschool [AT] code4sa [DOT] org”
- Direct link to application form
Note that the application above requires an interview in the second week of January. Luckily, it can be done over Skype.