Not only is it a Friday edition of the africast, but we’re also a man down today for the first episode of November.
This week our quickfire stories focus on Netflix’s potential new playback speed options which, for some reason, have Hollywood elites throwing tantrums on Twitter. We also touch on the Nokia 6.2 which hits SA soon for very little money considering the specs inside.
Our first big topic is the new Terminator movie – Dark Fates – which launches today. Thankfully it isn’t a train wreck like Genisys and Salvation, but it doesn’t touch the original two.
Finally we discuss BlizzCon 2019, which also kicks off today. Aside from potential announcements for franchises like Diablo and Overwatch, the main attraction will likely be the community planned backlash based on Blizzard’s awful behaviour when it comes to China and the protests in Hong Kong. BlizzCon kicks off later today (which you can watch here) and it’s sure to be interesting, no matter what happens.
Mentioned in this africast:
- Hey, Hollywood millionaires, shut up & let us control Netflix playback speed
- Nokia 6.2 lands in SA next week with a R3 899 price tag
- Terminator: Dark Fate review – Middle of the road
- Activision Blizzard has stoked the ire of US congress people for its blitzchung decision
- Blizzard offers half-hearted response to blitzchung incident