Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris is widely regarded as one of the bigger flops in the earlier years of Destiny 2 but there was one rather interesting aspect to the expansion.
That was the story of Saint XIV told through a mission that sees you the player reclaiming his shotgun – The Perfect Paradox. The story – while brief – is one of my favourite pieces of story-telling in Destiny 2 and next week it gets expanded on.
Bungie has dropped a new trailer for the Season of Dawn which launches on 11th December and it will have you saying “oh my god” multiple times.
So our Warlock buddy Osiris returns following our defeat of the Undying Mind but all is not well. As it turns out Ikora’s little Vex portal was a mistake as the time-line is now messed up and all our victories are set to be erased.
Players will be able to take part in a new six-player matchmade activity in The Sundial. Players will face Cabal which are intent on changing the timeline and reversing our victory against Ghaul in the Red War.
New Timelost weapons will also be available to earn by completing weapon frames. Whether this activity harks back to the Black Armory is unclear but a livestream happening later today should help clarify that.
As with the Season of the Undying, Season of Dawn will feature a seasonal artifact through which players can earn Universal Ornaments for armour, seasonal weapons, crafting materials and various upgrades.
For those that purchase the Season Pass, the following items will become available to earn:
- Instantly unlock the Exotic Scout Rifle, Symmetry
- Play the new 6-player activity: The Sundial
- Exotic Quests, Seasonal Armor Sets, and Ornaments
- New Triumphs, Bounties, and Seasonal Lore Books
- Exotic Emote, Ghost, Ornament, and Finisher
- Additional Season Pass rewards to unlock
Free players receive the following rewards and activities:
- Free Seasonal Rank Rewards
- Seasonal Artifact: The Lantern of Osiris
- Help Osiris fix the timeline by restoring Obelisks on four destinations
- Unlock the Seasonal Armor Set: Righteous
- Progress through Season ranks to earn the Exotic Scout Rifle, Symmetry
In addition to the above there are various sub-class improvements headed to Destiny 2 with Season of Dawn. It’s worth keeping in mind that all events related to Season of the Undying will disappear once the new season drops.