We’re starting to see local retailers slowly re-open following the easing of lockdown restrictions.
Among those retailers are mobile network operators including the likes of Cell C.
The network operator has told Hypertext that since lockdown restrictions were eased from level five to level four, it has gradually been opening its retail locations. As of today, 96 percent of Cell C’s stores are open.
Stores are open from 09:00 to 17:00 on weekdays and 09:00 to 13:00 at the weekend. Cell C says that the number of staff members in-store will be limited to assist with physical distancing.
Personal protective equipment has been distributed to all of the re-opened stores in keeping with government regulations.
Other safety measures being implemented include:
- Regular cleaning and sanitising of all reopened stores
- Hand sanitisers, gloves and face masks for all Cell C staff
- Distance control decals to aid with social distancing
- Foot-pump sanitisers for customers
- Thermal scanners
- In-store posters and guides to help educate customers and staff on COVID-19.
“We urge customers and employees to please adhere to the safety measures put in place and to keep themselves safe,” said acting chief operating officer at Cell C, Andre Ittman.
“We will continue to assess these measures to ensure the highest standards are maintained,” added the COO.