Marvel’s Avengers is in a bit of a precarious place right now with dwindling player numbers, but after developer Crystal Dynamics re-committed to improving the game, we have a new patch with several important changes.
Full patch note for V1.3.3 are available here, but the highlights list is available below.
- “Remote faction terminals have been added to outposts, which allow collection of faction assignments and villain sector bounties without the need to visit each faction coordinator in person.
- Extended pickup radius for reward drops.
- The ability to preview cosmetic vendor items.
- Option to scale subtitle/closed caption text size.
- Closed Captions will no longer be automatically display in cinematics when subtitles are displayed.
- Movement speed increased in outposts when in Avengers Initiative
- AI companion improvements, including assistance when player needs to be revived.
- Improved Mega Hive rewards. They now are guaranteed to give two exclusive exotic gear items and an increased amounts of upgrade modules upon completion.
- Implemented a fix that will retroactively grant Iron Man’s iconic outfit for players who previously lost it due to a bug.”
Those who have played the game at launch or any time before this patch will know that a lot of the above list comes directly from annoyances and problems espoused by the community.
The very first item in the list – which will reduce needless player travel and loading screens – was something we desperately wanted since launch. Annoyances and problems like this should have never shipped in a full price AAA title, but at least they’re being fixed now instead of the game being abandoned entirely.
Together with these changes there is some new content in this patch: the SHIELD Substation Zero Outpost and Tachyon Rift Missions.
The SHIELD outpost can be visited through the War Table, and it’s located in the Pacific Northwest. This new location brings additional characters, story and playable content.
Tachyon Rift Missions award new Cosmic Gear, but will come with the challenge of players being damaged by the titular Tachyon storm. These are intended for seasoned players and those in the late game with 140 Power levels or more. These missions are only available once per day, but are also rotated daily.
— Marvel’s Avengers (@PlayAvengers) October 17, 2020