With release season well underway, two new games launch this week and one of those games is the next big expansion for Destiny 2 in Beyond Light.
Not only will Destiny 2 players be visiting the all-new destination of Europa, pretty much half of the game will become inaccessible with Beyond Light’s launch.
Ahead of these massive changes Destiny 2 will be brought offline from today – 9th November. This is what the maintenance schedule looks like for the next 24 hours. Note, we have used CAT as the time standard here.
- 01:30 – Background maintenance for Update 126.96.36.199 will begin
- 02:00 – In preparation for downtime, players will be removed from activities and will be required to download a small update before logging in again.
- 04:50 – Sign-on for Destiny 2 will be disabled.
- 05:00 – Destiny 2 will be brought offline for expected maintenance. Players will be removed from activities and won’t be able to log back into Destiny 2 until 19:00 on November 10.
- 19:00 – Destiny 2 Update 188.8.131.52 will be available across all platforms and regions. Players will be able to log back into Destiny 2.
- 22:00 – Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
As you can see, South Africans won’t have to contend with being offline much today with maintenance only set to kick off in the wee hours of Tuesday morning.
Before we go any further do not delete existing Destiny 2 files. Existing files may help speed up the pre-load process.
Shortly after Destiny 2 goes offline for maintenance, most platforms will be able to pre-load Beyond Light. We say most because those playing on PlayStation 4 have been able to pre-load since as early as Saturday.
Pre-load for PlayStation 4 is currently available. Simply head to Destiny 2 on your console, then navigate to Options and select Check for Updates.
Xbox and PC players will have to wait until Destiny 2 goes offline to pre-load.
We recommend powering your console or PC on to grab the update before you leave for work tomorrow morning then.
Finally – storage requirements.
As mentioned you’re going to want to keep your old Destiny 2 files to speed up the pre-load but this will require a bit more space than you expect.
This is especially true for PlayStation 4 and PC which require 171.68GB and 186.2GB of free storage respectively to install the game. Once pre-load and installation is complete, Destiny 2 should take up the capacity listed in the Install Size column in the table below. Be sure to free up some space on your hard drive.
|Platform||Destiny 2 Install Size||Storage Space Needed for Installation|
|Xbox Series X|S||65.7 GB||65.7GB|
|PlayStation 5||70.78 GB||70.78 GB|
|PlayStation 4||70.78 GB||171.68 GB|
|Xbox One||65.7 GB||65.7 GB|
|PC||69.7 GB||186.2 GB|
And with that, you should be ready for Beyond Light. We’re incredibly excited to see what Europa holds and what Bungie has in store for players over the next year.