Black Friday is just a few days away and if you’re shopping for deals now, a few brands and retailers have already thrown the covers off of the sales that will be happening on the day.
Case in point is Samsung which has detailed its Black Friday offerings over at on its official store.
For the new console owners there is a plethora of 4K TVs including the 43 inch TU7000 Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV which is priced at R6 499.
For those looking for a slightly better visual experience, there are QLED 4K TVs on offer with our picks and pricing listed below:
- 55 inch Q70T – R12 999 (R7 000 discount)
- 65 inch Q60T – R16 999 (R4 000 discount)
- 75 inch Q80T – R39 999 (R10 000 discount)
Unfortunately there are currently no monitors listed for sale so if you were looking to pick up the 49 inch HG90D, you’ll have to look elsewhere for a bargain.
As for smartphones, there are a number of seriously tempting offers here.
The Galaxy S20 for instance is just R16 999 less than a year after release.
Those looking toward the mid-range might want to check out the Galaxy A71 which is listed for just R7 999, a R3 000 haircut on the usual price.
As for entry level smartphones the Galaxy A2 Core is listed for R999 while the higher spec’d Galaxy A11 will cost R2 999.
Both the Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Fold2 5G will cost you R29 999 and R46 999 respectively and you get vouchers worth R5 000. The vouchers carry a stipulation that “terms and conditions apply” but there is no word about these terms and conditions for vouchers in the terms and conditions of this sale.
Thankfully Samsung has talked us through this process and said that the vouchers can only be redeemed through the Samsung Online Store.
- Step 1: On Purchase of your participating product (per the catalogue) scan the QR code on your product
- Step 2: Submit your claim on either www.samsung.com or go to Samsung Members, if using a Samsung mobile device.
- Step 3: Complete your details on the redemption form and submit.
- Step 4: Once validated you will receive a one-time Voucher code by email.
- Step 5: Visit Samsung Online Store to use your Voucher.
As with all things related to Black Friday, we urge you to shop around and compare prices. This is especially important once you start factoring the cost of delivery into the equation.
Just because a deal looks good on Black Friday doesn’t mean it’s a good deal.