Fall Guys is fast approaching a year since its launch on 4th August 2020 as it rolls out Season 5 of its content updates.
There’s a strong jungle / tropical / exploration theme for this season which you can see in the gameplay trailer below.
This isn’t the only official video released for the new season with many uploaded to the Fall Guys YouTube channel in the last few hours.
There’s a cinematic trailer inspired by Indiana Jones, a dedicated video for the Fame Path progression system, new cosmetics in the Crown Capers Pack and a reveal stream that includes interviews with some of the developers from Mediatonic.
As with past seasons the exact time that Season 5 goes live is a deliberate mystery both so that the devs can work on things until it’s all ready to go and so that the severs don’t all get flooded at once as everyone rushes in as soon as the new content is available.
The official Fall Guys Twitter account has provided patch notes but who really wants to read something like that extended over almost a dozen tweets?
These patch notes can be found below in an easier to read format.
As you read in the headline there’s a substantial amount of content here with six new levels and a long list of improvements.
• Treetop Tumble – Take branching routes in a scramble to the finish. Filled with perilous Log Swings and Expanding Frogs.
• Stompin’ Ground – Dash, dive and dodge in a hectic escape from three mechanical Rhinos. Good luck!
• Lost Temple – Navigate the shapeshifting Lost Temple where the elusive path to the Crown is ever-changing
• Lily Leapers – Bounce to the bean rhythm of Lily Leapers as you conquer each layer by leaping from drum to drum
• Bubble Trouble – A five-way arena bout that’s all about rapid-fire beans and bubble poppin’ dreams!
• Pegwin Pool Party – Zoom down zippy slides and grab those pesky Pegwins. The longer you cling on, the more points you’ll gain. We hope you’ve got a good grip!
• Limited Time Events – Special short-duration Challenges with the chance to win points and unlock unique cosmetic rewards
• Squad Enhancements – New Duos and Trios Shows!
• Performance enhancements across multiple Rounds
• More stable connectivity during the countdown phase of Round introductions
• Camera sensitivity adjustment is now available for both axis
• Better netcode interpolation; should mean visuals appear smoother and more responsive
• Egg physics have been improved
• Character: improvements to mantling onto ledges at high latency
• The active player indicator will now move without jitter
• Squads: Lobby numbers should no longer start declining from 39/40 or force players to re-queue
• Fixed issue with some Challenges not awarding Crown Shards properly
• Multiple achievements were failing to unlock, these should now be resolved
• Improvements to end of Round rewards flow stability. Shows no longer hang in some situations
• Fixes to cosmetic display bugs, including Costumes and Emotes
• Big Fans: players can no longer jump off the map
• Royal Fumble: players no longer able to climb invisible platform
• Hoverboard Heroes: players could get stuck at a point on the map; now fixed
• Optimised certain Rounds to prevent memory crashes on PS4
• Skybox rendering issues on PS4 have been fixed
• Certain Season 4 Rounds had flashing lights which could cause issues for some of our photosensitive players, this situation has been improved