This edition of the africast was proudly sponsored by Vodacom Business Internet.
It is the first africast of the new year and we are looking forward into the coming months by discussing our most anticipated launches of 2022.
Before that let’s start with some news and a handful of celebrities involved in an apparent pump and dump cryptocurrency scheme. These kinds of grifts are happening so frequently now that we need to specify which one, and the cryptocurrency is EthereumMax. Kim Kardashian, Floyd Mayweather Jr and Paul Pierce are the celebrities tangled up in this mess which is now turned into a class action lawsuit.
Next up is the Gauteng late registrations for grades one and eight which have opened this week alongside the re-openings of primary and high schools for the new year. Unfortunately this opening has come with technical problems and hundreds of kids still awaiting placement.
Our main topic this week is the movies, TV shows and games we are looking forward to this year. With a lot of media properties originally slated for 2020 and 2021 pushed into 2022, this year is proving to be a nonstop ride of big and exciting projects finally releasing to the public.
We won’t spoil our top picks for the year, but there’s so many candidates that we were left with a long list of runner ups that needed a mention. Many of these are also all crammed into this first quarter of the year, so expect to spend a lot of time and money enjoying these in the next few months.
Mentioned in this africast:
- Kim Kardashian and other celebs named in EthereumMax pump-and-dump scam
- Late Gauteng school applications now open online
- Gauteng: 596 learners awaiting school placement
- The 10 most notable announcements from CES 2022
- 2021 was the year I fell a little less in love with gaming
- This weekend’s DC FanDome was dominated by Batman
- Longest look at Pokémon Legends: Arceus is still unconvincing
- You should play God of War PC with a controller
- Marvel’s Midnight Suns won’t rise until 2022’s second half
- Dotemu reveals Metal Slug Tactics gameplay