Durban’s IT varsity DevDays conference in May was a big success with developers from across the country taking part. This time, IT varsity is giving young women a platform to learn and engage through its upcoming DevDays GeekGirls event.
DevDays GeekGirls aims to encourage girls of all ages to create, achieve and inspire in the world of IT. Women already working in tech or aspire to do so, as well as girls of all ages (and yes, men too) are welcome to attend.
The event is scheduled for 30th August and will be divided into three separate sessions with each session featuring a woman making waves in the tech industry as a speaker. The programme for DevDays GeekGirls is as follows:
- Speaker: Melanie Basson, scrum master
- Topic: Software Development Lifecycle
- Speaker: Alande Mbokazi, IT systems coordinator
- Topic: IT Systems Coordination
- Speaker: Ronica Singh, developer and lecturer at IT varsity
- Topic: Computer Game Development Essentials
[Image – IT varsity]