Those wanting to study in 2022 after missing the application window for many institutions may want to consider The Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) which still has its late applications open until next week, 8th November 2021.
These late applications are not available for all qualifications and certain applicants do not meet the criteria. The full requirements for these applications are as follows:
- Applicants who exhausted only 1 or 2 options out of the maximum of 3 choices for applications submitted during the normal application timelines
- Applicants who did not apply during the normal application timelines (maximum of 3 choices)
- No 4th choices following the Dean’s Discretionary process will be considered during this late application timeline
- Students transferring from other universities
- CPUT students who have taken a gap in their studies
- Phasing out programmes
- Advanced Diploma Studies (Students who have completed a National Diploma/Diploma/Bachelors Degree or equivalent studies)
- Postgraduate studies – M Tech/Master Course-based programmes
- Postgraduate studies – Post Graduate Diploma programmes
When looking through these lists the qualifications with openings are indicated in the “identification of late application” column. Some of these qualifications have extra criteria for entry so, again, read carefully.
For those who have read this far and found themselves thinking of applying, head to the official page on the CPUT website for more information including a step by step process guide, contact details for more help, a Q&A section and more.
Finally it’s worth remembering that the late application fee is R150.
These late applications to CPUT opened on 27th October but the Department of Higher Education and Training pointed potential students to it recently on Twitter (see the embed below). This will likely put more eyes on the limited spots available so those thinking of applying should so so soon.
— HigherEduTrainingZA (@HigherEduGovZA) November 2, 2021