- Tickets for Crypto Fest 2022 start at R100 for the livestream
- Keynotes will be presented by Michael Jordan from Polygon and Hannes Wessels of Binance among others.
- Several NFT projects will be launched at the event.
The annual celebration of all things cryptocurrency returns with an in-person event in Cape Town this week.
The fourth edition of Bitcoin Events’ Crypto Fest takes place on 30th September and there is still some time to secure your tickets.
This year there is both a virtual event and an in-person event happening at Grand Africa Cafe and Beach in Cape Town. The event will highlight the changes and advances in the worlds of cryptocurrency, decentralised finance, non-fungible tokens and Web 3.0.
“Change is inevitable, and the world is – slowly but surely – realising the impact that crypto and crypto-related technologies are having on the future of industry. Now is the time to look up and explore the opportunities that exist,” explains co-founder and director at Bitcoin Events, Sonya Kuhnel.
The master of ceremonies for the event is veteran radio personality Kieno Kammies and keynote presentations will be presented by the following experts:
- Michael Jordan of Polygon who will present the topic ‘The Future of DeFi in Africa’.
- Hannes Wessels of Binance who will talk about ‘Why Cryptocurrency is Becoming Popular in Developing Countries’.
- Nolu Mashologu of FTX who will discuss ‘Education and Crypto Adoption in Africa’.
- Wiehann Olivier of Mazars who will tackle the topic ‘The Disruptive Potential, Innovation and Regulations within the Crypto Industry’.
Other notable conversations happening on the day include a presentation from local muso and artist, Arno Carstens. The Springbok Nude Girls frontman will release his first fine art NFT at Crypto Fest. Sticking with NFTs, Craig Chitima, a digital designer, 3D and NFT artist, will showcase his Ubu Afro collection.
There will also be gaming experience on offer from the likes of Sea Monster and Cape Town Tourism at the Metaverse Zone.
Tickets are still available and pricing follows on below:
- In-person general access – R680
- In-person VIP – R1 950
- Live-stream – R100
You can head to the official Crypto Fest website to purchase tickets.