Cameras are getting lighter and more powerful by the day, and Canon is definitely not one to be left behind the curve. While they have a number of compact cameras in their range, their South African branch launched PowerShot SX520 HS and PowerShot SX400 IS into the market this week.
The selling point of the two cameras are that they respectively make use of 42x and 30x optical zooms, so the bridge cameras is pretty much ideal for any situation – but great for those who are looking for something powerful but no too expensive.
The PowerShot SX520 HS has a 24mm wide-angle lens and a 1008mm maximum focal length, so you can be sure that you will be able to capture subjects far and wide without losing any of the quality. It also uses the Canon DIGIC 4+ processing engine with a high-sensitivity 16 megapixel, back-illuminated CMOS sensor.
As for the PowerShot SX400 IS, it has a 24-720mm focal range with a 16 megapixel CCD sensor and DIGIC 4+ processor.
“Flexible and lightweight, both models are designed to make shooting easy and comfortable. The PowerShot SX520 HS and PowerShot SX400 IS feature a new style of handgrip, which has been redesigned following extensive research and functionality of existing EOS grips, to offer comfortable, DSLR-style ergonomics,” Canon said in a statement.
PowerShot SX520 HS key features:
- Capture everything far and wide with 42x zoom
- Easily keep distant subjects in the frame
- Enjoy steady, comfortable shooting
- Create superb images with HS System & Intelligent IS
- Have fun with your creativity
- Shoot great Full HD movies with one touch
- Take it easy with Smart Auto
- Explore the world of Full Manual
- Capture all the action
PowerShot SX400 IS key features:
- Flexible shooting far and wide with big 30x zoom
- Fantastic shots are simple with Smart Auto
- Superb results: 16MP & Intelligent IS
- Have fun with creative filters
- Comfortable ergonomic grip
- HD movies at your fingertips
- Enjoy more shots from a single battery charge
[Image – Canon]