This past week has been a swirl of rumours around Nintendo with a new Nintendo Switch model being talked about and, finally, a Nintendo Direct to announce some new content on the horizon.
For the latter we now know that this is just a smaller Nintendo Direct Mini, with zero first party games on offer as it is a Partner Showcase.
The showcase, which is just over ten minutes long, is embedded below. The games shown off, and their release dates, are as follows:
- Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory – 13th November
- Fuser – Fall 2020
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythmic Adventure Pack – Winter 2020
- World of Tanks: Blitz – Today
- Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions – Spring 2021
- Collection of SaGa: Final Fantasy Legend – 15th December
- Just Dance 2021 – 12th November
- Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 – 8th December
- Minecraft Dungeons Creeping Winter DLC – September 2020
- Jump Force Deluxe Edition – 28th August 2020
- Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions – 28th August 2020
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered – 27th August 2020
That famous scene from Malcom in the Middle really hits home once again – “I expect nothing, and I’m still let down”. We don’t want to diminish the work of the people on this batch of games but there’s nothing to get excited about here, especially for the Nintendo Switch which has been starved of big hitters for the past few months.
The Partner Showcase does mention that more Nintendo Direct Mini videos like this will be released before the year is over, so there is some hope that more big third party games will be shown off before we can put 2020 to bed.
If we had to pick a favourite from this edition it would be Puyo Puyo Tetris 2. We’ve heard that this series is a lot of fun and it seems like the perfect friendly competitive local game to play if the pandemic and lockdown allows for seeing family and friends come the holiday season this year.