THIS EPISODE OF GEEKS LOVE LISTS IS SPONSORED BY ECOFLOW.
We are back for the second episode of Geeks Love Lists, one of four new podcast shows presented by Hypertext that looks at the best devices, products, workarounds, solutions, services, and more when it comes to a specific theme.
For this episode we’re discussing the country’s energy crisis and the bane of our existence in recent years. Fret not though, as along with unpacking just how bad things are, we’re also discussing definitive ways to beat loadshedding.
To that end, we’re looking at solutions like portable power stations and power banks, which we have reviewed ourselves, as well as some other handy devices we use in our personal capacity to beat loadshedding. These range from mini UPSes for routers, smart light bulbs that charge, as well as the power of gas when electricity is in short supply.
We also discuss solar, which has seen a number of financial institutions roll out financing for. Easily the most expensive of the solutions, we touch on what to keep in mind if you want to go this route, particularly as it may not be the silver bullet to beat loadshedding that you think it is.
MENTIONED IN THIS AFRICAST:
- There have been 3805 hours of loadshedding in 2023
- Loadshedding: Eskom seeing light at the end of the tunnel?
- Gizzu Hero Pro Portable Power Station review – The New Standard
- Romoss Thunder Power Station Review: What loadshedding?
- EcoFlow River 2 Max review: Stage 4 Wizard
- EcoFlow Delta 2 review: Bring me to LiFePO4
- Discovery Bank launches 48-hour solar installation guarantee
- Massmart now offers solar power funding solutions
- Nedbank now offers funding for homeowners wanting to install solar
- The differences in solar cell efficiency