- World of Warships is running a competition where participants need to write a letter to Santa.
- Winners will receive the ship they ask for in their entry.
- The competition closes on 18th December 2023.
With the Christmas season here children around the world are writing letters to Santa asking for what they truly want to arrive under the tree. If you are a World of Warships player of any age, however, you may find yourself doing something similar.
The game has kicked off a competition on Steam to give winners the warships they ask for. Between now and 18th December 2023, participants can channel their inner child writer to write their letter. Only five winners will be chosen from the entries.
At this point it is worth mentioning that World of Warships is a free to play title that generates money in a number of ways. Picking up a free ship without spending any money directly, especially on random crates, then is a decent proposal, especially for the short work of writing to Santa.
On that note the announcement outlines the specifics of the contest:
- “Post your letters in the comments to this topic,
- Only one post per person will count,
- Submissions only in English language are accepted,
- The ship you wish for needs to be on Santa’s gift drop list. You can view the full list here,
- Your message should include the name of the ship, and why you want her,
- Your message should be respectful and in line with the Christmas spirit!
- End time of the event: 18th of December 12:00 UTC,
- The winners will be fittingly announced within two weeks after the event ends,
- By making a submission for this event, you agree to its terms and give permission for the publication of your submission,”
Those comments can be found on the Steam Community where, at the time of writing less than a day since the competition went live, has 268 comments. Not every comment is an entry addressed to Santa but it is a decent amount of competition your writing will have to go up against.
No mention is made of any judging criteria but a very basic skeleton of the letter format is provided as:
I would like ……… ,
because ……… .
Going off of the last bullet point of the rules above it seems the winning entries will be publicised in some way. Hopefully we get a video of some World of Warships Santa reading out requests for hardcore weapons of war in a jolly way.