- The winners of the IITPSA President’s Awards 2023 have been announced.
- Mamela Luthuli, founder and CEO of Take Note IT, was named SA’s IT Personality of the year.
- The awards were presented at a ceremony in Johannesburg this week.
At a ceremony held in Johannesburg this week, the Institute of Information Technology Professionals South Africa announced the winners of its annual IITPSA President’s Awards for 2023.
The headlining award recipient was Mamela Luthuli, founder and CEO of Take Note IT, who was named South Africa’s IT Personality of the year at the IITPSA President’s Awards 2023.
Speaking of the awards for this year, IT Visionaries: Celebrating the ICT Industry’s Embrace of the Future, IITPSA president Senele Goba recognised the ICT professionals who are driving innovation and progress in this local sector.
“This theme was chosen because we recognise that the pace of change in the ICT sector has picked up. Some IT professionals have the vision and ability to see change coming and adapt accordingly. Among this year’s President’s Awards finalists and winners, we have exceptional ICT professionals who are not only adapting to change, but also pioneering change. They are driving digital innovation and progress. They are a shining example of the approach we all need to take,” noted Goba.
“We need to embrace constant change and lifelong learning. We must stay abreast of emerging technologies and upskill ourselves to stay relevant. This is why continuous learning is one of the key pillars of the Institute’s work,” she emphasised.
The full list of winners for 2023 are as follows:
- IT Personality Award – Mamela Luthuli, founder and CEO of Take Note IT,
- Technology Excellence Award – Prof Mark Nasila, Chief Data and Analytics officer of FirstRand Risk,
- Social Responsibility/Community Award – Nomusa Keninda, e-Learning specialist and founder of the Mpumalanga ICT Club,
- Dynamism in ICT Youth Award – Amukelani Michael Mhlongo, COO of Me2You,
- Distinguished Service in ICT Award – Prof. Janet Wesson of the Department of Computing Sciences at Nelson Mandela University,
- Fellowship of the Institute Award – Rob-Kerrich Walker, consultant at BMW, and Tony Parry, CEO and professional member of the IITPSA.