If you bought tickets to see Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens at Cresta in Johannesburg, you’re out of luck: Ster Kinekor has confirmed that it has postponed all movies after 5pm – including the hugely-anticipated new Star Wars – as the cinema is undergoing renovations.
“Ster Kinekor Cresta is undergoing maintenance renovations and our air conditioning system is currently not operational. Due to this, all evening shows after 5pm will be closed till further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you,” it explained on its website.
It seems that no Star Wars screenings are taking place in Cresta at all, as the movie was only scheduled to be shown after 5pm, with no day-time screenings.
To make you even more depressed, bidders recently partook in an auction for Star Wars memorabilia in which 600 lots sold for a total of $505 202 (R7 650 021).
The highest bid of the day went to a multipack of seven figures from “The Empire Strikes Back” for $32 500 (R492 656), but others included:
- Power of The Force Boba Fett prototype: $1 875 | R28 422
- Luke Skywalker replica lightsaber: $1 625 | R24 632
- Thermal Detonator replica: $1 603 | R24 299
- Han Solo blaster replica: $1 500 | R22 737
- Power of The Force coin set: $27 500 | R416 862
- Luke Skywalker with double telescoping lightsaber: $25 000 | R378 966
[Image – CC by 2.0/Musgo Dumio_Momio]