How would you like to be Iron Man?
Makers have been 3D printing parts of Iron Man’s suit – like the arc reactor and the repulsors – for a while now, but this is the first time we’ve come across a complete suit that you can download and print.
A user on Thingiverse has uploaded a rendition of the Mark 6 movie suit to the site for free. It’s a real community effort as the uploader states that it is a combination of various designs from at least four other makers.
The result is convincing enough and we imagine that, with certain finishing methods, it could easily be made to look like steel (or gold titanium alloy, if we’re being pedantic).
More 3D Printable designs:
- Look good while piloting Voltron with this 3D printed helmet
- Download and 3D print all five Power Rangers helmets for free
- You can 3D print your own custom Xbox One controller faceplate
- Itty bitty 3D printed axe from Destiny: Rise of Iron
- Parched? Try this 3D printed Thirst Zapper from Fallout 4’s Nuka World