Samsung has announced a new door-to-door repair service for its South African smartphone customers. The company says that the new offering is a first for the country, and while it is unclear whether that claim is indeed true, the repair service could prove quite convenient given the current state of things under the pandemic and lockdown.
To that end, the repair service will offer the option of having your damaged Samsung smartphone picked up from your residence, then being taken to the closest customer care centre and delivered back to your home address once the repair has been completed.
It is a simple enough offering, but there are some important things to take note of, such as the fact that the door-to-door option is only available if the address is within a 40 kilometre radius of a customer care centre.
Samsung Mobile South Africa has also outlined how the new door-to-door repair service will work, as follows:
- Once you have selected the service at this URL, Samsung will arrange a collection time with you.
- The cost of both the pick-up and return of your smartphone is R330.
- The device will be picked up and you will be able to track the repair progress.
- You will be notified when the repair is completed.
- A delivery time (depends on type of repair and availability of parts) will be arranged with you.
- Due to COVID regulations, the product will be sanitised and packaged before the customer.
The company is offering this service on many of its smartphone models, as well as some tablets, smartwatches and wireless earphones, with the current list at the time of writing being:
- Samsung Galaxy Z (all models)
- Samsung Galaxy S (all models)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note (all models)
- Samsung Galaxy A (all models)
- Samsung Galaxy J (all models)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S (all models)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A (all models)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active (all models)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch (all models)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active (all models)
- Samsung Galaxy Fit (all models)
- Samsung Galaxy Buds (all models).
To find out more about the new door-to-door repair service from Samsung, head here.