- Volvo Cars South Africa is readying for the local launch of its highly anticipated EX30 all-electric SUV.
- The company has shared full recommended pricing for the different EX30 models, as well as the motor plan that would be offered to prospective drivers.
- The EX30 is also the fastest accelerating Volvo to date, with the top speeded model doing 0-100 km/h in 3.6 seconds.
Ever since it was first announced at a global reveal last year, we have been eagerly tracking the Volvo EX30 and its impending local launch. With the first few models having landed in the country recently, Volvo Cars South Africa have shared a few more details ahead of the official launch.
“As previously announced, the five-strong local line-up starts at just R775 900, making the new EX30 one of the most accessible electric vehicles (EVs) in the country. Despite its keen positioning, the newcomer lacks nothing in the performance department,” the Swedish car maker noted in a release shared with Hypertext.
Looking at the top performing variant in the lineup, the EX30 Plus Twin Motor Performance, Volvo also highlighted that it is the fastest accelerating car that the company has manufactured to date.
“EX30 Plus Twin Motor Performance adds a second electric motor, raising peak outputs to a lofty 315 kW and 543 Nm. With a 0-100 km/h time of just 3.6 seconds,” the company explained.
“Rather than providing just a single powertrain-and-battery combination, we’ve opted to include a pair of battery sizes as well as both single- and twin-motor configurations, giving the customer as much choice as possible. Of course, there’s far more to the new EX30, since this model also sets new segment standards in areas such as safety, sustainability and specification,” enthused Volvo Car SA MD, Greg Maruszewski.
In terms of the recommended pricing for the aforementioned five EX30 models, Volvo has listed the following:
- Core Single Motor – R775 900,
- Plus Single Motor Extended Range – R865 900,
- Plus Twin Motor Performance – R935 900,
- Ultra Single Motor Extended Range – R965 900,
- Ultra Twin Motor Performance – R995 900.
The latest detail worth mentioning is the motor plan that Volvo has devised for its new all-electric SUV.
Here It said, “The EX30 comes with a 5-year/100 000km Volvo Warranty and Maintenance Plan, as well as 5-year/unlimited mileage Roadside Assistance, DataDot and Volvo On Call (SOS Roadside Assistance & 24/7 365 Personal Concierge).”
“The battery pack is further covered by an 8-year warranty,” it confirmed.
To purchase one of your own, as well as find out more details about this new offering from Volvo, head to its local site here.
[Images – Provided]