Portal 2’s Intelligence Dampening Sphere Wheatley has made it to the world of 3D printing complete with some electronics.
A maker on MyMiniFactory has uploaded all the files you’ll need to print both Wheatley and a nice little stand with the Aperture logo. You can download the files for free.
But this isn’t just a solid 3D print. Wheatley is hollow and intended to be filled with an LED powered by a coin battery. The thin print which makes up the eye allows some light to diffuse, giving you a nice effect.
The eye also has two shutters so Wheatley can “blink”, giving it a bit more expression.
A short guide on how to replicate this project can be found on the MyMiniFactory page. Now we wait for the conversion that replaces the battery with a potato.
- Is this what 3D printing is? Make yourself a Mr. Poopybutthole from Rick and Morty
- Impressed by the Magneturn from Grand Illusions? Now you can 3D print one
- You have a 3D printed Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy, now make yourself a Rocket Raccoon
- Shock benders with a 3D printed Equalist glove from The Legend of Korra
- Bring equality to the world of 3D printing with Amon’s mask from The Legend of Korra