Recently Humble Bundle announced a change that would remove the sliders from the payment part of its site, taking away the ability for customers to properly customise where their purchase money goes between charities, developers and Humble Bundle itself.
This change would mean less money for charities which, you know, kind of defeats the “Humble” part of the company’s name. Thankfully this move has since been reversed and the sliders are being reinstated.
Why do we bring this up? Because Humble Bundle just released a new bundle in support of COVID-19 relief in Brazil and India, two of the hardest hit countries in the world when it comes to the pandemic.
While a fantastic idea on the surface, the recent slider nonsense has many rightfully thinking this is just a diversion tactic so people will stop talking about its attempt to control how money is diverted to these causes.
While that may be a cynical way of looking at the newest bundle – like we said when LEGO made a donation to India, every bit helps – it does move the narrative into the favour of Humble Bundle.
Anyway take that information as you will, what about the actual bundle? The Humble Heal: Covid-19 Bundle is available right now and is partnered with Direct Relief, Doctors Without Borders, International Medical Corps and GiveIndia.
100% of the bundle purchases goes to the four NGOs with Humble Bundle and the developers not receiving a cut. That being said the sliders are still there on the payment page, but only so you can choose which NGO receives what:
As for the contents of the bundle itself there’s no unifying theme providing a mix of games, books and software.
The minimum amount to get this bundle is $20 (~R282), but you can of course, pay anything you want above that to increase the charity contributions.
If it sways your decision at all Humble Bundle claims that the contents here (presented in alphabetical order below) are worth $657 (~R9 255).
- Ashampoo Backup Pro 14
- Ashampoo Photo Optimizer 7
- Ashampoo WinOptimizer 18
- Baba Is You
- BioShock Remastered
- Brütal Legend
- Bury Me, My Love
- Coping Skills: Tools & Techniques for Every Stressful Situation
- Crusader Kings Complete
- Dead in Bermuda
- Death Squared
- Eff This! Meditation: 108 Tips, Tricks, and Ideas for When You’re Feeling Anxious, Stressed Out, or Overwhelmed
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Hyper Light Drifter
- Into The Breach
- Locke & Key Vol. 1: Welcome To Lovecraft
- Music Maker: Hip Hop Edition
- Portal Knights
- Red Sonja: Petitioning the Queen
- Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package
- Stick Fight: The Game
- Teleglitch: Die More Edition
- The Art of Captivating Conversation How to Be Confident, Charismatic, and Likable in Any Situation
- The Witness
- This War of Mine
- Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
- Tooth and Tail
- Ultimate Sh*t Hits the Fan Survival Guide
- Unfuck Your Worth: Overcome Your Money Emotions, Value Your Own Labor, and Manage Financial Freak-outs in a Capitalist Hellscape
- You Can Do All Things